Community Reuse Network Conference - Making Resuse and Recycling Happen
Oct 12, 2016
Community Reuse Network's invites you to join us in exploring which business models will drive growth in the reuse and recycling sector in Ireland.
By 2030 the European Commission expects reuse, recycling and other measures to save the European economy €600 billion per year. In Ireland alone, this could mean creating €1.65 billion additional GDP. However, to achieve this, more innovative business models will be required. And the challenges are high: we currently only reuse approximately 1% of all goods discarded in Ireland.
Featuring a range of experts from Ireland, the US, Belgium, the UK and the Netherlands, the conference will facilitate discussion on leasing, resource exchange and social enterprise models and look at how these will evolve in Ireland to meet Europe’s Circular Economy ambition.
9:30 Registration SESSION 1:
CONTEXT - REUSE/RECYCLING & SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN IRELAND
- Welcome & opening: Dara Lynott - EPA
- Social and Environmental policy supporting reuse in the EU: Lynn Boylan MEP
- Reuse and recycling: boosting productivity and growth: Caterina Brandmayr – Green Alliance
- State of play - the reuse & recycling sector in Ireland: Claire Downey - CRNI
Short film & Break
SESSION 2: EXPLORING BUSINESS MODELS
- Emerging Resource Efficient Business Models for reuse (REBus): Malcolm Waddell - WRAP
- An example of leasing: Bert van Son - Mud Jeans
- Local Development Companies driving startups across Ireland: Brian Carty – Irish Local Development Network
- Award for Upcycle competition and Break SESSION 3: A WAY FORWARD FOR IRISH REUSE & RECYCLING
- World Cafe - Developing the reuse and recycling social enterprise model for Ireland: Chris Gordon – Irish Social Enterprise Network
Sustainable reuse and recycling business models for the future - (1) Ben Rose - ReuseNYC (2) Elizabeth Douet - Share Ireland; (3) Michal Len - RREUSE (4) Dara Connolly - ReCreate
Conference sum up & close 16:00