COVID-19 Business Impacts Survey Report
Wordcloud of Survey Responses to Government Action Needed in Response to COVID-19
Chambers Ireland have published a report on the results of a new survey taking into account responses from over 1,000 businesses across the country through the Chamber Network.
The headline results are:
- 94% of businesses see their revenue declining over the coming three months
- 73% of businesses expect their revenue to decline by in excess of 25%
- Cashflow, Revenue, and Staffing are the critical issues for businesses
- Cashflow and Revenue are of greatest concern to Sole Traders, and Micro-businesses (<10 employees) [This sector accounts for in excess of 92% of businesses, and 69% of jobs in the workforce]
- Temporary closures only impacting a minority of businesses (Hospitality in particular) but deeply affects these sectors.
- Staffing is of concern to certain sectors, particularly Digital, Agrifood, Transport, and Retail.
- No part of the country feels unaffected, though the midlands are slightly more concerned about staffing problems.